IF YOU CAN PROVIDE ANY LYRICS I DON'T HAVE PLEASE SAY SO

If you actually stumble across this blog, just ignore it. I'm using it as a more convenient way to store hard copies of my song lyrics instead of a giant text document.
So carry on.
NECESSARY(?) DISCLAIMER: Most of these lyrics are from vgperson anyway. Or from determined Google searches.
And yes this is the exact color of Karkat's text. One day I will find lyrics to the Nic Cage song. One day.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Hammer Song and the Tower of Pain


Dondon tsuyoku motto tsuyoku
Utagoe hibiku itami no tou
Sono teppen ni shigamitsuite
Furueteru no wa dochirasama

Sutetakutemo suterarenakute
Chiisana itami tamatteta
Soitsu wo zutto shimatte kita
Ikkome no hako mitasareta

Betsu ni imasara tsuraku mo nai kedo
Dareka ga mite kuretara na
Kore dake areba yurusarenai ka na
Sukoshi yasashiku sareru kurai

Suteta mono mo hirotte tsumete
Mantan no hako tsumiageta
Toorisugari wo yokome ni mite
Jukkome no hako tsumiageta

Souka kore demo mada tarinai no ka
Dare ni mo mietenai you da
Sore ja dondon takaku shinakucha
Sekaijuu ni mo mieru kurai

Dondon takaku motto takaku
Tori ni mo todoku itami no tou
Sono teppen ni yojinobotte
Ousama kibun no nanisama

Nanigotoka to ooguchi aketa
Yajiumadomo wo mioroshita
Koko kara mitara ari no you da
Hyakkome no hako tsumiageta

Oatsumari no minasamagata
Kore wa watashi no itami desu
Anatagata no nagusame nado
Todokanu hodo no takasa ni imasu

Kitto watashi wa tokubetsu nan da
Daremo ga miageru kurai ni
Kodoku no kami ni erabareta kara
Konna keshiki no naka ni kita

Dondon takaku motto takaku
Kumo ni mo todoke itami no tou
Sono teppen ni agura kaite
Kamisama kibun no ousama

Kikoeru no wa kaze no oto dake
Senkome no hako tsumiageta
Shita wo mitara memai ga shita
Kaketa hashigo tobasareta

Soshite hontou ni sabishiku natta
Dare ni mo mietenai you da
Koe mo denai hodo kowaku natta
Fui ni kikoeta hanmaa songu

Shita kara jun ni daruma otoshi
Dareka ga utau hanmaa songu
Mina anta to hanashitain da
Onaji takasa made orite kite

Dondon tsuyoku motto tsuyoku
Utagoe hibiku itami no tou
Sono teppen ni shigamitsuite
Hana wo tarashiteru kamisama

Kamisama kibun no oresama
Oresama kibun mo sakasama
Arisama
Dochirasama
Harder and harder, still harder now, the singing reverberates through the tower of pain
Who is that trembling up there, clinging to the top?

All these little pains I wanted to get rid of but couldn’t bring myself to, build up
I’ve kept them for so long, and now filled up my first full box of them.

You know it doesn’t really hurt anymore, but when someone sees me
If I have this pain, maybe it allows them to show me a little tenderness.

I gather up that which I threw away and pile the full boxes one atop the other
Watching others pass by out of the corner of my eye, I pile the tenth box on top.

Hmm, still not enough, huh? Doesn’t look like anyone can see it yet.
So I’ll just have to keep building it up, until the whole world can see it.

Higher and higher, still higher now a tower of pain to reach the birds in the sky
Look at him scrambling to the top, pretending to be king, who does he think he is?

I looked down on the onlookers, their mouths agape wondering what was going on
From here they look like ants, and so I piled on the hundredth box.

Those of you who have gathered below, this, is my pain.
And here I am, so high above you that your consoling cannot even reach me.

Surely I am special. Someone that everyone must look up to.
It was because I was chosen by the god of loneliness, that I have come to this view

Higher and higher, still higher now a tower of pain to reach the clouds above
Seated on the top, a king pretending to be god.

All I hear is the sound of the wind, as I pile on the thousandth box
When I looked down I got dizzy, and the seat I had been in was blown off.

And that’s when I felt truly alone. It doesn’t seem like anyone can see me.
I was scared speechless, and suddenly I heard the hammer song.

From the bottom, each box was knocked out in order, the singing of someone’s hammer song.
“We all want to talk to you, so come down to our level.”

Harder and harder, still harder now, the singing reverberates through the tower of pain
Clinging to the top, is a god with a runny nose.

Me, pretending to be god, I’m the opposite of who I was pretending to be,
This is who I am, who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment