IF YOU CAN PROVIDE ANY LYRICS I DON'T HAVE PLEASE SAY SO

If you actually stumble across this blog, just ignore it. I'm using it as a more convenient way to store hard copies of my song lyrics instead of a giant text document.
So carry on.
NECESSARY(?) DISCLAIMER: Most of these lyrics are from vgperson anyway. Or from determined Google searches.
And yes this is the exact color of Karkat's text. One day I will find lyrics to the Nic Cage song. One day.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Headphone Actor

Sono hi wa zuibun to heibon de
Atarisawari nai ichinichi datta
Hima-tsubushi ni kiiteta rajio kara
Ano hanashi ga nagaredasu made wa

Hijou ni zannen na koto desu ga
Honjitsu chikyuu wa owarimasu to
Dokoka no kuni no daitouryou ga
Nakinagara hanashi o suru made wa

Mado no soto wa ooki na tori-tachi ga
Sora ooitsukushiteku juutaichuu
Mikadzuki o nomikonde
Dokoka e to mukatteru

Yarikaketeta geemu wa noo seebu
Tsukue ni hobo te tsukazu sankousho
Furueru karada o inasu you ni
Sugu ni heddofon o shita

Fumei na aatisuto koumoku no
Taitoru fumei no nanbaa ga
Totan ni mimimoto nagaredashita
"Ikinokoritai deshou?"

Ugomekidasu sekai kaijou o
Namiutsu you ni yureru matenrou
Magure mo nai kono koe wa dou kiite mo
Kikiakita jibun no koe da

"Ano oka o koetara nijuu-byou de
Sono imi o iya demo shiru koto ni naru yo
Utagawanaide mimi o sumasetara nijuu-byou saki e"

Kousaten wa touzen daijuutai
Mou roujakudanjo wa kankei nai
Dogou yara akanbou no nakigoe de umatteku

Abaredasu hito nakidasu shoujo
Inoridashita shinpu o oinuite
Tada hitori mezasu no wa gyaku houkou
Ano oka no mukou e to

Heddofon kara izen koe ga shite
"Ato juuni-bun da yo" to tsugeru
Kono mama subete kiesatte shimau nara
Mou sube wa nai darou

Zawameki dasu himei gasshou o
Namida me ni natte kasumeru juu-byou
Utagaitai kedo dareka ga dou yatte mo
Owaranai jinrui sanka

"Kakenukero, mou nokori ichi-bun da"
Sono kotoba mo mou kikoenai kurai ni
Tada mezashiteita oka no mukou wa
Sugu me no mae ni

Iki mo taedae tadoritsuitanda
Sora o utsushidasu kabe no mae ni
Sono mukou hakui no kagakusha-tachi wa
"Subarashii" to te o utta
Utagau yo

Soko kara miru machi no fuukei wa
Maru de jikken shisetsu no you de sa
"Mou fuhitsuyou da"
Kagakusha wa katatema ni bakudan o nageta

Hako no naka no chiisa na sekai de
Ima made zutto ikite kitanda na to
Moetsukiteiku machi datta mono o
Tada, bouzen to miru mimimoto de
Heddofon no mukou kara
"Gomen ne" to koe ga shita
It was an extremely average day,
Without a single obstacle in my path
Until I was bored, listening to the radio,
And I heard this said:

"It's very unfortunate I have to say this,
But the world is going to end today"
So said some country's president,
In tears as he spoke...

Out the window was a huge flock of birds,
Congesting to cover up the sky
Swallowing up the crescent moon,
Headed some unknown direction...

I had a half-finished game with no save;
A scarcely-touched textbook lay on my desk
And to stop my body from trembling,
I promptly put on my headphones

Just as I was listening to an obscure artist,
A number they did with an unknown title,
Just as it came to my ears, I heard:
"You want to survive, yes?"

Waving over the wriggling world,
The skyscrapers seemed to tremble
This voice seemed unmistakable:
It was my own, which I tired of hearing

"If you cross that hill, then in 20 seconds,
You'll know what I mean, for better or worse
Don't doubt, just listen close - go 20 seconds ahead..."

The intersection was crowded, of course;
Man, woman, child, it didn't matter
I was buried under people yelling and babies' cries

Rioting people, a sobbing girl,
A priest praying, I passed them all by
One single person headed the other way,
Toward what was beyond that hill...

The voice from the headphones persisted:
"Twelve minutes left," it told me
If everything was going to up and vanish,
Then I had no other way...

The chorus of shrieks and screams
Turned to tearful eyes in ten seconds
I had my doubts, but no matter who did what,
There was no ending humanity's song

"Run, run, there's one minute left,"
But I couldn't even hear it by then;
The hill which I sought to cross
Was right before me...

My breath faint, I finally arrived
Before a wall which projected the sky
Behind it, scientists in white applauded;
"Magnificent," they said -
Doubt...

From there, I saw the town
Was some kind of experimental facility;
"No longer necessary,"
A scientist said, and calmly tossed a bomb

I was told I had been living
My whole life in a little world in a box
So I could only stare, dumbfounded
At the burnt wreckage that had been the town
And from the headphones at my ear,
I heard a faint "sorry"...

No comments:

Post a Comment