IF YOU CAN PROVIDE ANY LYRICS I DON'T HAVE PLEASE SAY SO

If you actually stumble across this blog, just ignore it. I'm using it as a more convenient way to store hard copies of my song lyrics instead of a giant text document.
So carry on.
NECESSARY(?) DISCLAIMER: Most of these lyrics are from vgperson anyway. Or from determined Google searches.
And yes this is the exact color of Karkat's text. One day I will find lyrics to the Nic Cage song. One day.

Friday, October 14, 2011

CORE PRIDE

Sei wo uke sorezore ga jinsei wo ouka
Nou no "black box" wo shiru sore wa kou ka
Your limit line wo subete ryouga
Saa ikou ka fumidasu sore wa kyou da

Yappa hibi wa ika sen kou
Sotsunaku konashitecha, no, no
Stop nagare wo mikiwamema
Mazu mono to mo sezu ikou ze here we go

Todokanu mono ya kagiri aru mono ni
Atsuku naru mune wo osaetsukeru no wa
Rikai mo sezu osaetsukeyou to shite kita
Kirai de yurusenakatta ano otonatachi to onaji jan ka yo

Doushitatte kanawanai esoragoto darou ga
Mune moyasu hi wa dare ni mo kese ya shinai
Sora kara furu kuroi ame ga kuno mi
Nurashi furiyamanaku to mo
Mada kesase wa shinai kono mune no hi sore ga pride

Yohou toori ni furi dashita ame 
Yosou ijou ni nakama wa atsumatta
Otagai no hibi ya shourai no hanashi de 
Atsuku natte naguri ai ni natta

Juugo no koro mo fuan kara nogareru you ni
Onaji youna koto de naguri atta koto
Omoi dashite omae ga warai dasu kara 
Kawatte nai natte ore mo fuki dashitanda

Souyatte ijihate funbatte ikite nakucha
Jikan no nagaresae mo kowakunaru
Hontou ni naguru beki ai te wa sonna jibun darou
Tada ima omaketa kunai jibun ni umakenai "pride"

Stop nagare wo mikiwamema
Mazu mono to mo sezu ikou ze here we go
Stop nagare wo mikiwamema
Mazu mono to mo sezu ikou ze here we go

Doushitatte yappa hitori no yoru wa
Jibun no koto sae mo waranaku naru
Sonna ore to wakari aoutoshite kureru kimi ga iru nara 
Motto tsuyoku nareru

Mou dounattate ii kakkou waruku tatte ii
Shi ni mono gurui de mirai wo kaete yaru
Doushitatte kaere nai unmei da to iwarete mo
Mada ore wa kawareru jibun de kaete miseru

Kore ga sou pride sorezore no basho de...

Mada mada kieru na kokoro no hi wo
Mada wasuretakunai mune no atsusa wo
Mada mada kieru na kokoro no hi wo
Mada mada ikeruzo ikeruzo
Oh baby, my pride!
After birth, people live as they wish
They then learn the black box is in their head; is that bliss?
Just cross over, beyond the line of your limit
Let's go, take a step, and I mean this minute

Life's a bitch, so if it's easy, you're doing it wrong
Stop, which way is the world going? Then ignore it and go wherever (here we go)

There are things I could never have, things with time
Is there a reason I force my heart upon them?
I never tried to understand, I just forced it on them
I'm no better than those lifeless adults

Even if it's just a pipe dream I could never have
But no one can put out the fire in my heart
The black rain may pour hard and leave me drenched
I will never allow the fire in my heart to be extinguished. That, is my "pride"

It started pouring, as predicted. A lot more buddies gathered around than I'd expected.
While talking about one another's days and futures, we became impassioned and started a fist fight.

Thinking back about how we were also fist-fighting the same way
back when we were only 15, as a means to quell our anxiety and uneasiness,
you laughed and said, "You haven't changed a bit..." So I ended up bursting into laughter as well.

If we don't stubbornly stand our ground like this, even the flow of time will become a scary thing.
The only true opponent whom I should hit is really my prideful self.
But still, I don't want to lose right now. I have "pride" not to lose to myself.

Stop! Observe thoroughly the flow of the world! Ignore everything else, and here we go!
Stop! Observe thoroughly the flow of the world! Ignore everything else, and here we go!

No matter what I do, when I'm alone at night, I become even unable to understand myself.
When you're with me, and we try to understand each other, then I'll be able to become stronger.

I don't care how things turn out, and I don't care if I'll look uncool,
I will desperately try to change my future.
Even If I'm told that my destiny is immutable no matter what I do,
But I know I can change, I will change myself

This is my pride, what makes up my core


I won't let my fire be put out; not yet
I won't let my fire be put out; not yet
I'll keep going, and I'll never stop
Oh baby, my pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment